As I look for different ways to celebrate our 30th year in business, I realized that we’re the oldest sunroom company in the area.
I did some research to double-check this before I told you about it. There is one company that’s older than us, but they’re a transplant from another area up the coast, and have sold and resold several times, which means they’re not locals, just out-of-towners after your money. Another company was older than us, but the owner had to reorganize under a different name to avoid tax penalties and lawsuits. And a lot of our competitors have simply gone out of business for one reason or another.
That leaves us.Thirty years old, still growing, and busier than ever this year.
Here’s a few things I’m really proud of…
- Ocean Breeze Awnings, Inc. has been in business since September 1987.
- We started on the Grand Strand and have always been in the Myrtle Beach area from day one.
- My dad, David R. Powers, is the founder and still an active owner. These days you’ll still see him on the jobsites or out doing estimates. He’s hard to catch in the office, as he’d much rather be outside.
- Four generations of the Powers family have worked for the company, from my grandfather on down to my kids.
- We’ve survived several recessions, a depression, and lots of hurricanes.
- We’re still going strong. This year has been one of our busiest to date, and there’s no signs of slowing down.
I like to brag on my dad, but you might be wondering what this means for you…
- It means if you hire us for your remodeling project, we’ll still be here to finish it.
- It means if you need warranty support for any reason, we’ll be around to provide it.
- It means you can count on us to finish your job without worrying about where your money went.
You can’t even expect that from car companies, banks, or Toys R Us these days.
Give us a call if you want to do something to turn your home’s exterior into a backyard oasis.
David Jr., the owner’s son
You can find us at…
Ocean Breeze Exterior Remodeling
Our showroom is located at 739 Sandy Lane in Surfside Beach, SC